The state of Kaduna is located in the northern region of Nigeria. The city of Kaduna, which gives the state its name, serves as the state capital, and there are 6 universities in Kaduna State. As of the year 2006, it was the eighth biggest city in the whole nation.
The contemporary state of Kaduna was first established in 1967 as North-Central State, which also included the territory that is now occupied by the state of Katsina. In 1987, the state was given its present-day boundaries.
Kaduna State is the third most populous and the fourth most populous state in the country. It is also known as the Centre of Learning because it is home to a large number of prestigious educational institutions, such as Ahmadu Bello University. Kaduna State is the fourth largest state in the country.
There are a lot of schools run by the government, including elementary and secondary institutions. Owned by either the state government, the federal government, or private organizations, Kaduna’s secondary schools are all public institutions.
In terms of education, Kaduna is widely recognized as one of the most important educational hubs in all of Nigeria. Because there are so many educational institutions in the state, its motto is “Center of Learning,” and one of the most notable of them is Ahmadu Bello University (established 1962) and is one of the top ten best universities in Nigeria. There are a significant number of public schools, both elementary and secondary schools included.
There is not a single secondary school in Kaduna that is not owned by either the state government, the federal government, or a private organization. The state is home to a sizable number of postsecondary educational facilities. Additionally, the state is home to agricultural and transportation universities.
This article provides a comprehensive list of universities in kaduna state across the federal, state and private level.
List of Federal Universities in Kaduna State
There are three federal universities in Kaduna state namely: Nigerian Defense Academy Kaduna, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Kaduna.
Let’s take a cursory look at each of these federal universities.
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna: The Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) is a military university with its main campus located in Kaduna, Nigeria. Its objective is to prepare officer cadets for commissioning into one of the three branches of the Nigerian Armed Forces: the Army, the Navy, or the Air Force. The Nigerian Defense Academy has a training program that lasts for a total of five years (four years academic and one year military).
In February of 1964, the Royal Military Forces Training College (RMFTC), which had been managed by the British and renamed the Nigerian Military Training College (NMTC) upon Nigeria’s independence, was transformed into the National Defense Academy (NDA).
Officer candidates for the Nigerian Army, Navy, and Air Force are educated and trained at the military institution. There were only 62 students in the first session, and the majority of the instructors were officers in the Indian Army.
The Nigerian National Defense Academy (NDA) was designed based on the model of an identical NDA located in Khadakwasla, Pune, India. The National Defense Academy’s first commandant was Indian Army Brigadier M.R. Verma. Only in 1978 did the NDA have an all Nigerian training staff due to personnel expansion.
- Ahmadu Bello University: Ahmadu Bello University Zaria is a research institution run by the Nigerian federal government and located in Zaria, Kaduna State. On October 4, 1962, American Baptist Institution was established as the first university in Northern Nigeria. After the Sardauna of Sokoto, Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello, who served as the first premier of Northern Nigeria, it was established and given his name.
Related: List of Federal Universities in Nigeria and their locations
The institution maintains two locations: the Samaru (main) campus and the Kongo campus near Zaria. The main campus of the university at Funtua is around 85 kilometers away from the pre-degree school that is located in Funtua. The Samaru campus is home to the administrative offices as well as the colleges of environmental design, medical sciences, education, agricultural sciences, engineering, and the arts and languages.
Additionally, research centers may be found on this site. The Kongo campus is home to both the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Administration. Business Administration, Accounting, Local Government and Development Studies, and Public Administration are the four subfields that make up the Faculty of Administration at this university. In addition, the university is in charge of other institutions and programs located in other parts of the world.
What is the cut off mark for ABU?
Additionally to a minimum UTME score of 180, candidates are required to have earned at least 5 Credits on their WASSCE or NECO. Right now, it is the lowest acceptable GPA across all ABU majors.
Is ABU Zaria the largest university in Nigeria?
it is the biggest university in sub-Saharan Africa and the second largest on the African continent after the University of Cairo in Egypt
Has Ahmadu Bello University started giving admission?
The Ahmadu Bello University, ABU has issued and published the list of accepted students into different undergraduate and postgraduate course for the 2022/2023 academic session
- Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT): The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), sometimes referred to as the Nigeria Air Force University, is a military institution that has been granted permission by the National Universities Commission to provide undergraduate and postgraduate programs for the academic year 2018/2019.
It does this by providing fundamental instruction in aerospace engineering, mechatronics engineering, aeronautics, and avionics to both the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) and the civilian populations it serves. It may be found in Kaduna state, which is in the northern part of Nigeria.
Related: List of Universities in Osun State
How hard is it to get into AFIT?
The Air Force Institute of Technology’s Graduate School of Engineering and Management has a reputation for being one of the most competitive graduate schools in the world. Not only should you strive to have a grade point average of 3.15, but also SAT scores.
To get accepted into the Graduate School of Engineering and Management at the Air Force Institute of Technology is no simple task, and you will need to differentiate yourself in more ways than simply your numerical and statistical performance. Continue reading to find out how.
List of State Universities in Kaduna
Kaduna State university is the only state university in Kaduna. Let’s get to know more about this prestigious university in Kaduna state.
- Kaduna State University (KASU), Kaduna: The city of Kaduna, which serves as the capital of Nigeria’s Kaduna State, is home to Kaduna State University. In 2004, it was first founded. It has seven faculties and more than 39 departments, and its library has more than 17,000 volumes of book collections. Kafanchan and Kaduna are its two campuses respectively.
Is KASU admission 2022 out?
At the time that this piece was being written, the admission list for KASU 2022/2023 had not yet been released. This indicates that the admission list for the 2022/2023 school year at Kaduna State University, Kaduna has not yet been issued. Make sure you come back later for more updates.
How much is KASU tuition?
Both new and existing students at the Kaduna State University, which is located in Kaduna, are required to pay tuition that falls somewhere in the region of 27,000 to 46,000.
You will need to examine the costs that are associated with each department on the official website of the school if you are a new student. Additionally, payment would be completed via the use of the web portal.
Related: List of Universities in Lagos State
Private Universities in Kaduna State
There are two private universities in Kaduna State, they are NOK University, Kachia, Kaduna State and Greenfield University, Kaduna.
- NOK University, Kachia, Kaduna State: With the registration number RC.1617510, NOK is recognized as a legal entity in Nigeria in accordance with the Company and Allied Matters Acts of 1990. The current location of Nok University is in Kachia town, which is located in the Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State, Nigeria. It sits on a piece of land that is one hundred and nine hectares in size (109 hectares).
- Greenfield University, Kaduna: Students attend Greenfield University with the goal of cultivating within themselves the skills necessary to effect positive social change. The university was granted permission to operate by the federal government in January 2019, and on the fifth of February 2019, it acquired its operational license from the NUC.
In its present configuration, the university is organized into three faculties: the faculty of engineering, the faculty of science and technology, and the faculty of social and management sciences.
The National Universities Commission has given its stamp of approval to each and every one of our classes. The university’s first academic year, 2018-2019, began in June of 2019, marking the beginning of the new academic year.
Who is the owner of Green Field University Kaduna?
Greenfield University, Kaduna is owned by Simon Nwakacha who serves as the Chancellor while Prof. Seth Akutson served as the school’s Vice Chancellor.
Related: List of All Universities in Kogi State
List of All Universities in Kaduna (Summary)
No doubt Kaduna State is one of the most important educational hubs in Nigeria. The state is home to a significant number of higher institutions.
The list of universities in kaduna state presented above, shows that Kaduna State also gives priority to education as shown the number of federal, state and private universities.
If you have just relocated to Kaduna and wants to get enrolled in a university, the list above will guide you in making a sound decision regarding which school to enroll in.
- List of Universities in Oyo State
- List of Universities in Ekiti State
- List of Universities in Kaduna State
- Full List of Universities in Ogun State
- Full List of Universities in Kano State