Want to get Netflix student discount this year? Although many people are aware that Netflix is a top choice for watching movies online, they may not realize that many titles are available at the standard price.
While many have invested in getting one of the best budget smartphones for college students, they want to spend their free time playing games, surfing the internet or enjoying movies at little or no cost.
With the information provided in this article, you should be able to enjoy Netflix alternatives, and smarter ways to enjoy the streaming service. We’ve included all you need to know about Netflix, and it’s subscription plans.
What is Netflix?
To put it simply, Netflix is a website where you can watch movies online. It has evolved to be one of the greatest when it comes to on-demand video streaming services all around the world.
Netflix is like a video store, with hundreds of movies and TV series available at your fingertips. Via this platform, you may watch your favorite movies anytime on your iPad, Android smartphone, iPhone,TV, PC, Playstation, Xbox, or any other game console. Worldwide, there are now more than 148 million Netflix subscribers.
How Much Does a Monthly Netflix Subscription Cost?
The Basic Netflix package costs $9.99 per month, while the Standard and Premium plans cost $15.99 and $19.99, respectively. When you are only a student and don’t have a stable source of income, this may seem like a lot.
Is there a Netflix Student Discount in 2023?
Point blank: Netflix does not provide a student discount for college students. There’s no way you can get the streaming service for cheaper than the standard rates using your college ID card. If you haven’t signed up previously, you can test it out and terminate your subscription at any time.
Why NetFlix Doesn’t Offer Student Discount
Netflix has never publicly announced that it is giving students a special discount or promotion. They haven’t even bothered to offer an explanation of why. One prevailing view, however, contends that Netflix doesn’t provide a student discount because it fears significant revenue losses.
If netflix student discount were in place, Netflix will start recording lower revenue, which would eventually translate into lower profits, if it starts giving its service to students at a discount.
Teenagers and young adults are the primary target audience for the majority of the Netflix series and films. Only 50% of Netflix customers are over 35, according to a survey by Appinventive. The majority of Netflix customers are therefore students in high schools and colleges.
According to FinanceOnline, Netflix’s core subscribers in the US are Gen-Xers and Millennials based on a study conducted by CivicSciences. The differences between age groups were larger in 2015 with 18-34 year-olds making up a huge share of Netflix subscribers while the 65 and over group were the smallest.
The median age is now with the 35-44 age group in 2017 and beyond. Increases were also seen across the age groups of 34 to 65+ year-olds. The exceptions are the 18-24 year-olds and 25-34 year-olds with the former showing a steep decline to a third of its original—11% from 32%. The share of Gen Z viewers will have likely increased in the past year given that the latest available is four years old
2 Ways to Enjoy Netflix Movies Without Subscribing to A Plan?
There are a number of methods to get Netflix subscriptions without paying a dime. Some ways to get Netflix discount and subscription free are listed below.
1. Netflix 30-day Unlimited Free Trial.
If you are a fan of freebies, the Netflix 30-day unlimited free trial is the best option for you.
As a result, you may use this to view Netflix movies at no cost. This method might be time-consuming, but it is certain to succeed. Truth be told, it’s not hard to obtain Netflix free for a month.
Here’s everything you need to sign up for Netflix’s free trial:
- The Netflix mobile application.
- An e-mail that hasn’t yet been added to Netflix.
Here’s how you sign up for a free month of Netflix:
- Visit the Netflix website at https://netflix.com
- Sign up for an account and choose a password using your email address.
- Netflix offers a 30-day free trial for new users. You can sign up for the free trial by clicking the TRY 30 DAYS FREE button,and enjoy Netflix for free for a month.
- Choose the option that best suits your needs by clicking SEE THE PLANS.
- Choose Premium and then press CONTINUE.
- If this is not your first time registering, please choose a different mode of payment.
- Enter your name and billing details, then pick START MEMBERSHIP.
- Please remember to end your free trial membership before the 30 days are over.
2. Share with those you care about like family and friends
College students might save money on Netflix by continuing to use their parents’ account. Simply said, this is the most reliable method for getting Netflix Student Discount. Isn’t that right?
Any Netflix subscription allows up to four separate accounts to be used simultaneously.
Best Alternatives to Netflix Student Discount
Because it creates so much unique material, Netflix has unfortunately no direct competitors. Netflix has a monopoly on the distribution of original content, meaning you can’t watch them anyplace else.
Netflix also owns the exclusive right to broadcast numerous well-known TV series and movies that they did not create.
If for some reason a Netflix student discount doesn’t work for you, there are bare-bones alternatives to the Netflix app that do provide discounts.
It’s important to keep in mind that these video streaming services are not Netflix, despite the fact that they do offer original content as Netflix does.
So, I compiled a list of other great Netflix alternatives that also provide discount for students.
1. Youtube Premium
In addition to Netflix’s student discount, YouTube Premium is another option.
Here, you may get rid of the ads that play before your video on YouTube. You may watch videos from the YouTube Originals library and listen to music created only for YouTube.
To qualify for this student price, all you have to do is:
- Join YouTube Red to get exclusive features.
- Discounts are available for both family plans and students. (You’ll be getting a discount of 60% off the list price.)
- Bear in mind, though, that YouTube Premium accounts must be verified yearly.
- Consequently, you need to either terminate your membership or make the transition to a normal one after you finish school.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Netflix, Student Discount, Hulu is a good option to think about.
As a streaming service, it makes available a wide variety of television programs either the day after they air or within a week. Hulu also produces its own original series that are exclusive to the service.
Take advantage of these benefits with your student discount from Hulu;
- Priced at $4.99 per month, these premium offerings are a steal.
- Get internet streaming services with access to original content.
3. HBO Now
A student discount from HBO is among the best available. Costing roughly $14.99 per month for adults, students can join for $5.00 per month.
As a student, you may save on HBO Now and watch:
- An advertisement for a pay-as-you-go service that can be terminated at any moment.
- It costs five dollars to subscribe to the platform.
- In addition, new users may try out HBO Now for free for 30 days before committing to a paid subscription.
4. Amazon Prime Student
Amazon Prime Video features a wide selection of popular TV shows and films. You have the option of watching in either 4K or HD, depending on your home theater system.
As a student, you may save money on Amazon Prime and still get all the benefits such as:
- Free trial for a period of six months.
- Leaving the service is possible at any moment.
- Not only that, but there are many additional deals and original shows available online that aren’t available on Netflix.
- Free shipping on items bought from Amazon.
- Free cloud storage for students’ photos and special pricing on pre-orders of the latest video games and other merchandise.
- You may save money on textbooks, both by renting and buying them, and by taking advantage of special discounts and savings offers.
Is it Good to Share My Netflix Password?
It is not uncommon for Netflix passwords to be shared. Sharing a Netflix account is something that is actively encouraged in order to generate greater customer interest in the company’s offerings.
Any content that is seen through the usage of the Netflix service is considered personal, not for commercial use, and may not be shared with anyone who are not a part of your household. There are certain rules and conditions that apply when using the Netflix service.
Students are encouraged to share Netflix accounts in order to save money, which helps the streaming service connect with younger viewers who may later become individual subscribers after graduation. However, as of late, this strategy is not producing the benefits that were anticipated.
Also Read: 7 Best Ways to Save Money As a Student
NetFlix Student Discount (Summary)
As of January 2023, it doesn’t appear that Netflix has any immediate intentions to provide a student discount. As they don’t think they have a justification for that, they appear to have no plans to do so at the moment.
Instead, Netflix favors making significant investments in its library. Every month, a sizable number of new episodes and films are added, including Originals. A staggering 129 original films were made by Netflix and released during the final quarter of 2021.
Let’s ask; if Netflix student discount is possible, what range would you set the pricing? Let’s have your comments.