Want information about Deakin University scholarships in Australia? Let’s get you informed. Deakin University is currently accepting applications for its 2024-2025 scholarships. The scholarship offered is one of the top 15 scholarships in Australia for international students.
These fully funded scholarships cater to international students pursuing postgraduate studies, offering a generous stipend of $34,400 per annum, a relocation allowance ranging from $500 to $1,500, and comprehensive health insurance coverage.
The scholarships include the Research Training Program (RTP), formerly known as the Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), funded by the Australian Government. Additionally, the Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR) is funded by the university itself. These prestigious awards are open to both domestic and international students, with only the highest-performing applicants being selected for the RTP scholarship.
In this post, we explore the enriching opportunities that Deakin University Scholarships bring and explore the step-by-step application process in detail in this article. Your academic aspirations in Australia are within reach!
Deakin University Scholarship Overview
- Level of Study: Masters / Doctoral (PhD)
- Institution(s): Deakin University
- Study in: Australia
- Program Period:
- Doctoral Degree Duration: 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset
- Research Master Degree Duration: 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset
As you can see from the above overview, the Monash University scholarship also offers the Masters and Doctoral (PHD) level of study scholarships. You should check it out.
Applying for Deakin University Scholarships
1. Check Eligibility and Find a Supervisor:
- Explore entry pathways to ensure eligibility.
- Connect with a supervisor for guidance on your research topic and proposal.
2. Prepare Relevant Documents/Information:
- Include information on publications and bibliographic details.
- Provide proof of identification and citizenship.
- Compile a comprehensive resume or curriculum vitae.
- Gather academic transcripts and evidence of previous research degrees.
- Demonstrate English proficiency as per specified requirements.
- Secure two referee reports from current or former lecturers, academic, or employment supervisors.
3. Prepare Your Proposal:
- Craft a concise outline of your proposed research topic.
4. Apply Online:
- Visit the [application portal](link) and check if your targeted faculty requires an expression of interest before applying. Follow the outlined procedures.
5. Mail Certified Copies:
- Ensure all copies are certified by authorized individuals such as a justice of the peace, notary public, Australian Consular Officer, Australian Diplomatic Officer, employee of the Commonwealth or Australian Trade Commission working outside Australia, or a recruitment agent for international students.
- Mail certified copies to the HDR International Admissions Officer at the provided mailing address.
By following these steps, you can navigate the application process for Deakin University Scholarships.
Courses Offered at Deakin University
Deakin University offers a diverse range of courses across various faculties:
- Science, Engineering, and Built
- Arts and Education
- Business and Law
- Frontier Materials
- Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation
Deakin University Scholarships include the following provisions:
- Relocation allowance ranging from $500 to $1,500 (applicable for single to family transitions)
- A stipend of $34,400 per annum (tax exempt, 2024 rate)
- For international students only: Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
Eligibility Criteria for Deakin University Scholarships
To be eligible for the Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants for an RTP Fees Offset should not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
2. For RTP or DUPRS Stipend eligibility, students must not have income exceeding 75% of the stipend rate unless it is unrelated to their course of study.
3. Applicants must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies and achieved a first-class degree or equivalent academic achievement.
4. For a Doctoral degree, completion of a research project in a related area, including a thesis equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework, is required.
5. For a Master’s Degree, completion of a research project with a thesis equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework is necessary.
6. Language Requirement: Proficient in English.
7. Eligible Countries: Open to students from all countries worldwide.
8. To qualify for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance, or DUPRS, students must be enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin.
Deakin University International Scholarships FAQs
Do Deakin University offer full scholarships to international students?
Absolutely! Deakin University takes pride in providing robust support to international students through various scholarship opportunities. These scholarships are designed to acknowledge exceptional academic achievements or recognize the potential of students to make positive contributions to the university and its community. Utilize our “find a scholarship” tool to explore the diverse range of scholarships available.
How long does it take for Deakin to process applications?
Typically, the turnaround time for direct applications to Deakin is two to four weeks from the submission date. You can conveniently track the progress of your application by logging into the application portal.
What is the contact information for Deakin scholarships?
For any inquiries or to clarify your circumstances, we recommend reaching out to the scholarship office. You can contact them via email at [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) or call +61 3 9244 6333.
How can I secure a scholarship at Deakin?
To apply for Deakin University’s International Scholarship Program, ensure you submit a completed application form, a personal statement (300 words), and your application to study at Deakin, including academic transcripts. These supporting documents are crucial for a comprehensive scholarship application.
Deakin University Scholarships Application Process (Summary)
The Deakin University Scholarship application process for 2024 provides aspiring individuals with a golden opportunity to embark on a transformative academic journey. As the deadline approaches, prospective students are encouraged to meticulously follow the outlined steps, ensuring the submission of all necessary documents and details.
The scholarships, generously offered by Deakin University, stand as a testament to the institution’s commitment to fostering academic excellence and global inclusivity.
As the deadline draws near, seize this chance to not only receive financial support but also to become a part of a vibrant and diverse community at Deakin University. Embrace the possibilities, showcase your potential, and step confidently towards a future enriched by education and opportunity.